New Attractions at Disney World Over the Last Few Years
One of the elements that always make our trips very special to the Disney Parks is the fact that they are always kept fresh with changes to attractions or completely new experiences. If something became clear to us after the D23 Expo presentations last month is that the growth of the parks is among the priorities of the company and within a year or two we will see abundant fruits of these plans.
Here is a list of the 14 biggest changes Walt Disney World parks will have in the near future and their estimated opening dates.
1. New Attraction of Frozen in Epcot (2016) – Located in the Norwegian pavilion, this attraction will follow the classic design of other attractions inspired by animated films taking us next to Ana and Elsa on a trip to Arandelle.
2. Sunset Kilimanjaro Safari (Spring 2016) – The classic Animal Kingdom safari will offer new tours at sunset where guests can also see different behavior of animals and meet two new spices: hyenas and African wild wolves.
3. Rivers of Light (Spring 2016) – New Animal Kingdom night show whose details can be read by clicking on this link.
ÒRivers of Light Disney Disney Animal Animal Kingdom Ð Expected to open next spring, ÒRivers of Light will be an innovative experience unlike anything was ever seen in Disney Park, combining real live fun music, tons of floating lanterns in the sky, shutting water up and make screens with swirling animals images. ÒRivers of Light will magically begin to live on the natural stage of Discovery River, delighting guests and truly capping off a full day of adventures at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. (Disney Parks)
4. The Animal Kingdom Discovery Island Enhancements (2016) – Animal Kingdom’s Tree of Life and the Discovery Island area of Animal Kingdom will have improvements to implement digital projections and other elements related to nightly shows that will involve lights and actors in their different spaces in Orlando Florida.
5. Star Wars Launch Bay (2015) and Star Wars: Season of the Force (2016): As part of the premiere of The Force Awakens, later this year there will be an interactive zone where the guests will know some details of the movie. Also at the beginning of next year, there will be a festival that will include new destinations in Star Tours inspired by the places of The Force Awakens, a reimagined version of the Jedi Training Academy and also a Space Mountain themed version inspired by Star Wars.
6. Skipper’s Canteen (2015-2016): A new restaurant will open in Adventureland within the Magic Kingdom, have food from around the world and share your kitchen with the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant.
7. The World of Avatar (2017): Inspired by the James Cameron Avatar movie, this theme area is one of the park’s biggest projects and will aim to bring Pandora to all Animal Kingdom visitors.
8. Avatar Flight of Passage (2017): This attraction will take guests on a flying experience to admire the wonders of Pandora.
9. Toy Story Land: Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have an entire theme area inspired by the Pixar Toy Story series that focuses on children, especially the nature of its attractions.
10. Star Wars Land: Also located in Hollywood Studios, this theme area will bring together the entire Star Wars universe with very promising attractions such as being able to control the Millennium Falcon on a brand new special mission.
11. Soarin ‘Around The World: As in California Adventure, Epcot’s Soarin ‘attraction will have new trips that leave California to go around the world. You can see a video in this link.
12. Disney Springs (2016): The Downtown Disney shopping district will feature one of its biggest transformations that, in addition to changing most of its visual aspects, will include brand new stores, and a name change. Among the highlights to be opened at Disney Springs are Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar – inspired by Indiana Jones – and Morimoto Asia, STK, The Edison, Sprinkles and Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza restaurants.
13. Transportation Improvements (2016-2017): If we have a new purchasing district and abundant additions to the parks, transportation must improve before perhaps a greater demand of visitors. More than six technological improvements are being made to the park’s transports that could include new monorail routes.
14. Flamingo Crossings: There will be added two new hotels in the area and a small convention center, to meet the demands of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando Florida.
Learn more about Orlando Fl